March 16, 2008

Monday Movie Review

Here's my latest list of movies we've seen over the past few weeks. I'm going to keep my reviews a little shorter to save us all some time. Let me know if you have a recommendation of your own too!

"Ocean's Thirteen" - This is the third movie, I've only seen the first not the second, and we liked it. I like watching how everything tied together. Clever film. Minus the swearing, I would recommend it.

"27 Dresses" - Had a GNO and saw this. I like Katherine Hiegel and she kept me laughing in this movie. A TVGuardian would have been nice to bleep out some of the language and I could have done without the sexual innuendos. But I did like it other than that and so did my girlfriends.

"Darkwing Duck" / "Gummi Bears" / "Talespin" - We got these for the girls but watched them too. I remember watching all but the Gummi Bears, while growing up. It was fun for the girls and fun memories for us.

"We Are Marshall" - We've seen this before and watched it again with friends. Such a good movie! There are a few swear words, but other than that it's clean. This movie is based on a true story and I love those.

"Touching Wild Horses" - A cute family film starring Jane Seymour. Just watching the previews it didn't look all that interesting. I'm glad I gave it a try because it was really good.

"A Walk in the Clouds" - From what I remember, the movie was relatively clean (sorry, it's been awhile since I watched it). It had a happy ending but I wasn't too into it. A one time watch for me was good enough.

"Mansfield Park" - Another movie "loosely based" on Jane Austen's novel. Not my favorite and not one I will watch again because of the sexual content. I do wonder how much of the movie was out of context from the book, the book may be better.

"The President's Man" - Growing up, I liked Chuck Norris and was interested in karate. It's been quite a few years since I've seen any of his movies so I tried this out. Even though the fight scenes were karate based, I fast forwarded through them. Guess I'm not into that anymore. lol It was an okay movie otherwise.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great! Thanks! I always look forward to your movie reviews, because I think we have a lot of the same tastes and I also think that you look for the same stuff I would and are bothered by the same stuff I would. Thanks for going through the fire before me! :)

Stacey said...

I want to see 27 dresses,it looks cute. I like James Marsden,he's a cutie mcCutepants. :)